As I write this, To the North is being uploaded to CreateSpace.

I’ve had to do a lot of messing around with the formatting this morning. I finished the layout last week and made the page look how I wanted it to in Word, but those damn section and page breaks were messing things up when I tried to upload it today. It keeps adding extra blank pages at the beginning, where I don’t want them, and when I delete the section breaks in mode it keeps messing up the page layout. I’ve had to upload and correct a few times now, but I think I’ve finally got it.

Huzzah! Just switched back over to the CreateSpace tab and saw the words “Our automated print check didn’t find any issues”. That’s good. Hopefully that means I fixed it.

Whoops. Okay, not really a big problem, per se, but the header is slightly off-center on my odd-numbered pages. Back to the Word doc to fix, re-export, and re-upload. It would be super helpful if my brain would see all of these little tiny details at the same time so I could have fixed them once instead of thirteen times, but I guess my brain just doesn’t like me that much.

I’m excited about this. I’m still planning to make the book available for purchase in mid-December – in fact, I think I might choose my birthday for the launch date. But having that done and set aside will give me the time to focus on a couple of other things I want to get done by year’s end – like publishing my second novella next week.

Alright, here I go. I’m about to hit submit and get the proof of To the North printed.

DONE, BITCHES.

Oh my god I’m super excited. Fingers crossed that it looks as good in person as it did on the digital proof. Fingers crossed that I was intelligent enough to size my book cover correctly. Fingers crossed that my proof arrives soon so I don’t go absolutely insane waiting for it.

This just got real, guys.

sig

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *